Pick Your Own pumpkins are back, and oh boy do we have a bumper crop for you this year! All our pumpkins have been grown here on the farm, never shipped in from miles away. Not only are they great for Halloween, they’re also an extremely versatile vegetable which can be used in an array of recipes.
Whilst the Pumpkin Patch for pick your own pumpkins is only open on certain days/times (see below), we will have homegrown ready-picked pumpkins for sale throughout October.
The Pumpkin Patch will be open on the following dates:
- Saturday 16th October 9am – 4pm
- Sunday 17th October 9am – 2pm
- Saturday 23rd October 9am – 4pm
- Sunday 24th October 9am – 2pm
And, if there’s any left, then over half term too (days and times to be confirmed depending on availability).
Please note that the above dates and times are subject to availability – once they’re gone, they’re gone! We always advise checking our availability before visiting.
The nitty gritty:
- No pre-booking required, but please check availability before visiting
- There is no entry fee, you will weigh and pay for the pumpkins you pick at the end
- Pumpkins are priced at 99p per kilo but this price drops to 69p per kilo if the pumpkin is over 8 kilos
- Although this activity is outside and there is plenty of space, we do ask that you observe social distancing when visiting
- We have a limited number of wheelbarrows to use
- The Pumpkin Patch is likely to be muddy and bumpy so please dress accordingly (fancy dress is most welcomed!)
Caring for your pumpkin:
- Please be sure to thoroughly check your pumpkin before picking it. Look out for any damage or damp spots – make sure you’re happy with it before you buy.
- Pumpkins are very hardy and will last a long time however they must be stored in a cool and dry place.
- As soon as you carve your pumpkin, it will not last long (probably only a few days) therefore it is best to wait to carve your pumpkin to ensure it lasts for Halloween.