We have home-grown courgettes, marrows and summer squash coming out of our ears here at the farm!! We harvest on a daily basis and sell them fresh out of the Farm Shop. This recipe is ideal to make the most of the delicious seasonal vegetables on offer and can also be cooked using a BBQ – perfect for the hot weather! It is taken from the BBC Good Food website and is currently displayed on our seasonal cart in the shop.
- 50g mixed seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 250g ricotta
- 3 courgettes, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 400g runner beans
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil, plus extra to serve
- Edible flowers to decorate (optional)
- Toast the seeds in a dry pan until they start to pop, then add in the honey, chilli and a good pinch of sea salt.
- Once all the seeds are sticky and forming clusters, tip out onto a piece of baking paper and leave to cool.
- Mix the lemon zest and some seasoning into the ricotta and set aside.
- Toss the courgettes and runner beans in the oil, then season. Fire up the BBQ or get a griddle pan searing hot on the hob. Working in batches, cook the veg until charred and softened but still a little crunchy.
- Spread the ricotta along the bottom of a large sharing platter and top with the veg. Squeeze over the lemon juice, then scatter over the honey-ed seeds. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a scattering of sea salt, then dot with edible flowers for extra wow factor (optional)!