Whilst Jersey Royal potatoes are still in season there’s no way we are going to miss an opportunity to feature them in our seasonal recipe (in case you hadn’t noticed, we flippin’ love Jersey potatoes!) This recipe has been taken from the Jersey Royal website, however we have added our own twist on it, and it can be made equally as well by using Majorcan new potatoes instead.
- 200g Jersey Royal potatoes, roughly chopped
- 150g cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Salt & pepper
- 100g asparagus
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 100g superfood salad – we’d recommend kale and beetroot mixed
- 15g desiccated coconut, toasted to garnish
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Finely zest and juice 1 lime
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius or gas mark 6. Place the potatoes and cauliflower in a roasting tray, drizzle with the coconut oil and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, roast for 30 minutes under tender and slightly brown.
- In the meantime prepare everything else! Brush the asparagus with 1/2 tsp olive oil, heat a griddle pan until hot and cook the steams until charred and tender. Set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together the olive oil and lime juice, then stir in the zest and ginger, season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, arrange the potatoes and cauliflower to one side and place the other ingredients round the bowl (or how you prefer), drizzle with the dressing and scatter over the coconut flakes.