It must be the first day of Spring if Jersey Royals have arrived in the shop! These delicious potatoes are one of our favourites here on the farm, although not strictly local, they’re definitely worth the wait.
This seasonal recipe utilises the potatoes as well as British grown cauliflowers and is perfect for a mid-week Spring dinner. This recipe is taken from the Waitrose website however we have added our own twist and as always, all the ingredients can be found in our shop.
- 500g medium Jersey Royals
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into florettes
- 3 large Dinton Farm free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp Meads Farm rapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed chillies
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp Tim’s Dairy natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp medium spice curry paste
- 2 tbsp Tracklements mango chutney
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pan of slightly salted water, bring the potatoes to the boil and simmer for approx. 15 minutes until tender. 5 minutes from the end, place a steamer with the cauliflower on top and steam until tender. Meanwhile, hard boil the eggs, shell and chop coarsely.
- Drain the vegetables and place in a bowl. Whisk the oil, chillies and lemon juice then mix with the veg – add plenty of seasoning. Leave to cool.
- Whisk together the yoghurt, curry paste and mango chutney. Add the spring onions, eggs and parsley to the salad and combine. Drizzle with the dressing and serve with a warm naan bread.