Fancy eating seasonably this Spring?
Why not jazz up your weekday meals with this delicious Spiced Chicken with Spring Greens Recipe?!
This tasty little dish is from ‘Everyday & Sunday Recipes from Riverford Farm’ by Guy Watson and Jane Baxter. And most fortunately for you, all the ingredients are available in the farm shop!
This recipe is ideal for 4 people and to rustle this up, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm fresh root ginger, chopped
- 1 head of spring greens, washed and finely shredded
- 1 bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 dried chilli, stalk removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of tumeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large wok, brown the chicken breasts in the oil on both sides. Remove from the pan.
- In a blender, make a paste with the garlic and ginger, adding a little water to help (you could use a pestle and mortar instead). Add the paste to the same pan and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the other ingredients except the lemon juice and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the greens and pour in 100ml of water. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken, cover again and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the chicken is tender. Add lemon juice to taste and serve.